If you are routinely suffering from jaw pain, and it returns regardless of how often you treat it, it may be a sign of a chronic condition within your body. Numerous conditions, including sinus problems, toothaches, infections, arthritis, bruxism, periodontal disease, and TMJ disorders are all linked to jaw pain. If jaw pain continues, consider one of the following treatments:
– Mouth guards are a useful tool to use in the event of a jaw or facial pain.
– Your dentist can recommend numerous treatments for jaw pain including medications that include anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics.
– If you are suffering from jaw or facial pain, try using muscle relaxants to help ease the condition.
– If your joint pain is severe, it may be linked to an underlying condition that needs to be immediately treated with an oral health care treatment such as root canal therapy, periodontal treatment, or a tooth extraction.
– Numerous exercise routines can be employed to help treat jaw and facial pain.
If you would like more information about jaw and face pain, or if you would like to schedule an appointment with First Care Dental, you can call us at 502-893-5677. Dr. Norman Zanger, Dr. Scott Wathen, and Dr. Benjamin Taylor here at our dentist office in Louisville, Kentucky, look forward to seeing you!